Whether you plan on doing a detox or not you can certainly benefit from including the following superfoods in your diet:
- Almonds - choose raw rather than roasted. They are high in fiber, calcium, magnesium and protein that will help stabilize your sugar and remove impurities from your bowel
- Avocados - avos contain glutathione which helps detoxify the liver of synthetic chemicals.
Beets - contain a mix of natural plant chemicals and minerals that make them great fighters of infection, blood purifiers and liver cleansers. They also help raise the body's cellular intake of oxygen.
- Blueberries - help reduce chronic inflammation, have antiviral properties and are loaded with super detoxifying phytonutrients
- Cabbage - contains antioxidants compounds and assists the liver in breaking down excess hormones. Cabbage cleanses your digestive tract and has antibacterial and antiviral properties. Cabbage also contains a compound that assists your liver n producing the enzymes needed for detoxification.
- Cranberries - in their unsweetened state cranberries have powerful antibiotic and antiviral properties and help cleanse the urinary tract of bacteria and viruses.
- Flaxseeds and Flaxseed Oil - this is a great source of essential fatty acids (omega-3s) and benefit every cell in your body, especially your brain
- Garlic - a great cleanser, ridding the body of harmful bacteria, parasites and viruses. It is known to possess antioxidant properties which assists detoxification.
- Kale - contains powerful antioxidant properties that help cleanse the body. It is also high in fiber which helps cleanse the intestines and assists the liver in producing cleansing enzymes.
- Legumes - are loaded with fiber that helps lower cholesterol, regulate blood sugar levels and cleanse the intestines.
- Lemons - are great liver detoxifiers. The high Vitamin C in lemons helps the body in its production of glutathione which is necessary for liver detoxification.
- Seaweed - we all need seaweed in our diets! Not only does it contain a great source of minerals and trace minerals it also is known to bind to unwanted chemicals in the body and help in their elimination.